Saturday, October 3, 2009

Rachael's Baby Showers

Sorry to be so late getting this up....I don't really have a good excuse. I am just slow.


Anyway, September 25 and 26 were Rachael's showers for upcoming Baby. She had a very long list of invites, so in order not to make a house absolutely bursting at the seams she decided to have 2 showers to make it not too full. They were both lots of fun. I was in charge of the Friday one, which had less people, so we had food and games. It was a good time. The Saturday one was a good time too, but there were more people so we did not try to play any games.


I used Mom Julie's awesome cupcake stand as my centerpiece and it was way cute. I don't remember if I had ever frosted a cupcake before so I asked her to help me make them too.


Here is before:

And after (sorry it's so dark, the better of this one was accidentally deleted):

I also made cookies galore. I was trying to add up ALL that I ended up baking (not all of these were served though, some were ugly, so we ate those ourselves, darn... ;> ) I think the total of cookies was around 127... Something like that


My counter was covered!

Here is the table with the awesome cupcake stand. It is black and white, so I just put some green material on it to be like a baby boy table cloth.



The table:


I should have done a close up of just the cupcakes, but it was very cute. Thanks Mom. And a big thank you to Rena Jean, Celeste, and Cindy for helping with the food.

This is Trevor, he and I are gonna have a photo shoot soon with his Mom. She says he is fascinated with the camera and always gives this "wow" face. We will have to work on that ;>



The Saturday shower:

More cupcakes =)


Me and Celeste. She is due in January and finally showing it. But only a little ;>



Jeff's parents bought Rachael this awesome (and incredibly soft) rocking chair. It is cute. She loved it. Oh yeah, love the typical Rachael face.




I think she looks fabulous in this one.



This is a group shot of the Kalehuawe girls and the Van Capelle girls. Fun.



And this is Malu and Julia, Rachael and Cindy, and me and Mom. I love a shot like this, we did one at Rachael's bridal shower too. Precious.

2 comments:

Rachael and Jeff Downs said...

Very nice, very nice :)

Thanks so much for all that you did...you are the AWESOMEST :)

Love you lots.

Susan said...

wish that we could have been there. I love the pictures. Thanks for posting them. Rachael looks so dang cute prego. I miss the Kalehuawe girls too!