Sunday, October 10, 2010

First Annual Lawlor Girls Weekend

We should have started this years ago!
(Although this is the first year Shelley could have come anyway, so it was a great time to start.)

We went September 24, 25, and 26 2010 to our cabin, just the adult girls (and Adria).
We all had a great time chatting and reading and staying up late and crafting. On Saturday we went to the Relief Society Broadcast. The whole thing was a blast and it went really well.

These are most of our creations, I took this Sunday morning so there was still lots of craft time to be had and more flowers to be made. It was great to sit around the table and just talk and "work" and help each other make color decisions. (If you can call hair-flower making work...)

We chatted so much the camera never even came out.

Celeste, Adria, Jill, Noelle, Mom, Cindy, Shelley, Sarah

We took this right before leaving for home because I wasn't going to let it slide. (I had meant to take it before Relief Society when we were all dressed up, but oh well. I got the shot. That is what counts.)

Sarah is a champ--she married Josh only 2 weeks before our girls weekend and still came. We are all so glad she did. And grateful Josh could part with her.

I am excited to do this again next year. It was a huge success.

2 comments:

Rachael and Jeff Downs said...

SO DANG FUN!!!

Merkley Jiating said...

Fun! It is awesome that so many of the girls live close to each other and that you can do things like this!

Have you read The Help yet? Let me know what you think of it when you do!