Grandma Elsie Lawlor
Grandpa Nephi Lawlor
On Wednesday, April 27, 2011 we took dinner to my Grandparents house.
Dad loves to read the paper. I've always thought he looks a lot like his dad.
My mom was there too. I am so sorry there isn't a picture of her.
My mom was there too. I am so sorry there isn't a picture of her.
Celeste got a fun new haircut this week.
Me trying to comfort a screaming Valette.
Adria enjoying the treasures in the toy cupboard, all of which are older than me.
She loved the just-her-size rocking chair.
But as soon as I whipped out the camera she got off. Of course.
Valette and I enjoying conversation.
Grandma is so very positive. Everything makes her happy. The whole night she kept saying "Look what she's doing, Nephi" about everything Adria did.
I wanted to go with my parents because Valette is 3 months old and I had not taken her to see them yet. I am basically a lame-wad.
Great-Grandma Lawlor, Valette, Adria, Great-Grandpa Lawor
My Grandpa is 89 and my Grandma is about to turn 91. They are amazing people. In the last few years their children have taken turns bringing meals and doing yard work for them almost everyday. They got to the point that they were forgetting to eat so one of my aunts built a schedule and said it's time everyone stepped in to help.
Aside from needing to eat, I think it has been a real joy for them to have visits so frequently from loved ones. Grandma will say "Oh how lovely" about everything and tell stories about her childhood on a tiny island in Canada where there were no other members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints than her own family. Grandpa helps her remember things and smiles and laughs at everyone in company.
They were married in 1945 in Alberta, Canada and moved to Utah and eventually Mesa. They raised 10 children and now have 178 grandchildren and over 160 great-grandchildren.

















No comments:
Post a Comment