Wednesday, November 23, 2011

It Was a Rough Night...

 9-26-11
We have entered the REAL grown up world. In September we bought Eric's parents minivan. That's right, I have one child and I already drive a minivan. They have been offering it to us for over a year but they finally reached the point where they were actually buying a new car so we had to decide if we should take the screamin' deal on the only 60,000 miles Kia Sedona or let it pass. Obviously we went with the deal.  The transition was really easy. I don't feel old or embarrassed like I thought I would AND I am up high. I told Eric when I was pregnant that I would NOT be big-pregnant again in the Corolla. It was too hard climbing in and out of that low thing with such a belly.

On this night we had had the van about 5 days. While Valette was napping I ran to the Watermart before it closed. We have three 5-gallon water jugs and this was of course the first time using it to get the water.  I just put them on the floor all in front of the middle bench on the way home.

See the towel on the floor of the van? Yeah, I took the turn onto our street a little too quick for the water and one tipped over and the lid popped off. I pulled right over and righted it. But it had already gushed out a third of it's contents. What a great way to start out with our new van that we know the previous owners had taken SUCH good care of.  It still has the plastic over the carpet for goodness sake. I was so upset with myself.

I have not been to buy water since.

Later that night Eric was gone being Priesthood-ly and I was ready to put Valette to bed.  In our family room I left her sitting with her toys and walked 10 feet to the kitchen to make her bedtime bottle.  She immediately started screaming, which I ignored because it can be a typical reaction to me leaving her side.  I finished with the bottle and came back to find her mouth bleeding profusely and still screaming.
There was one toy with blood on it, and a few props on the carpet. I think she tipped over and her open mouth landed on the toy, causing the bleeding.
I felt so bad for ignoring her.
When it was over I took a picture of her shirt. Poor baby.

On a happier note, the next day I made us a fabulous homemade (crust and all) chicken pot pie for dinner. Thankyouverymuch.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Jenny and Tony said...

An infant car seat (minus the baby) will hold exactly 1 1/2 gallons of water. I am sure with the baby it would have held much less. It does leak much slower out the strap slots then just spilling straight out of the water jug though. Just sayin...

LJ said...

Oh my gosh, you just lived out my worst nightmare. I won't be able to leave Hyrum's side now.