Monday, December 17, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

The Lara's went to Pinetop for Thanksgiving this year, and Eric was working overtime hours so we didn't join. On Thanksgiving day we had absolutely no plans and just enjoyed a lazy day as a family. Before naptime we took Valette on a walk down to the retention basin where she ran and played with Daddy and had a grand time. [We decided that it's time to invest in an outside ball, she would really like that.] We then had Salmon for dinner. Seriously.

Lawlor Thanksgiving was Friday afternoon and I brought a turkey which we fried and it was amazing. (Honestly ham is better than turkey, but that was probably the best turkey I've ever had. Expensive though, the peanut oil is not cheap.)

I was super lame and took almost zero pictures at Thanksgiving. I was so careful to bring the camera and then never got it out. Sigh.
 After Dinner my Dad gave a tiny Family Home Evening at my request and then I gave all the kids one of these papers that I had used in my Sharing Time the Sunday before. It was to help them write down their testimony and I told the kids to put them in their journals.

Ember finished hers and then noticed Valette coloring. She happily sat with her and helped her and I was glad to get a picture.
Friday, November 23, 2012

Photobucket

No comments: