Yes. I have been MIA in the blogosphere. I am sad for this.
March was so very busy. I mentioned before that I needed work. Mostly what I want is a little kid to take care of at home with Valette. I haven't found a for sure lead on that yet. (Cue my big plug: if you know of someone looking for this, please let me know.) I did find a position with a company called Saladmaster. I don't love it, but it is not a bad gig. The biggest problem is that it takes me out of the home more than I want. It's too big of a time commitment for not enough return.
I have spent any time I do get for the computer retouching photos for clients, feeling guilty that I can't get to my own before theirs.
Quick recap:
March 2: I was in charge of the ward activity, Creation Celebration. We had a cultural night with both performances and visual submissions (obviously my contribution was photography). My committee was wonderful. We met almost weekly and pulled it all together and the night was a big success. I had fun AND I convinced Eric to come to a ward activity. That was only the 3rd one since we moved into this ward.
March 9: We had a girls night to get pedicures and watch Breaking Dawn, Part 1. We decided last year that it is a tradition to get pedicures before someone has a baby. Celeste and I hadn't seen the new Twilight so we watched that after. Jill brought the movie. Mom came for pedicures but had no interest in watching with us, she went into her room while we watched. Sarah had already seen it, but she is always up for a movie. Cindy was sick and couldn't come, and Shelley was in Prescott or she would have come too.
March 12: Rachael, Rena Jean, and I met at a park and spent a few hours chatting and letting the kids play. Rachael made the crazy observation that there are 5 kids between us. How nuts. We decided to make this an every-other-week occurrence. We also invited Celeste, so she came to the next one. She probably won't get to come again until the baby is a few weeks old though.
March 16: We all went out to dinner for Mom's birthday. She picked Red Lobster and Eric and I were reminded again that it is just not favorite. We have so many other choices ahead of it. (Although Eric really does like shrimp, he wanted to try a lobster that night, it was fairly flavorless, not worth the money.)
March 17: I had a discouraging week in the work world, so Eric and I had a date night in, we had friends over for dinner. Valette stayed at Austin & Jill's house because Ember is learning to babysit. (She will be 12 in July! Wow.) When we came to pick her up we discovered that Valette has her very first tooth! On the bottom right. Finally.
March 24: Celeste's baby shower was great. It was fun to visit and everything looked and tasted wonderful. (Pictures to come.) She picked light blue and bright green as the color theme and we put animals out for decor. Mostly jungle animals, things a boy would pick. We made tissue pompoms (which I have wanted to do forever) and I made my first diaper cake, I thought it turned out so super cute. It will be sad to take apart. She had lots of presents to get her going. Baby Boy will be here so soon!
March 24: I photographed a wedding reception for a wedding that had actually taken place in January (which I was also the photographer for).
March 28: Eric and I went to see Hunger Games with Chris and Kaylee. He had just finished listening to the book that morning. I was very impressed. Definitely worth buying. Eric was not as impressed, but he did like it.
I worked at least 14 nights in March. Eric has a class he goes to twice a week, so sometimes Valette had to go to Grandma's or have a babysitter at our house.
Other things happened. Seriously.
January 29, 2012
Birthday Cupcake after Church
This girl makes me smile.
In other news, Eric was car number 3 in a bad accident early yesterday morning. He is fine. Sore, but not cut or broken anywhere. The corolla is likely totaled. We are in the market for ANOTHER new car. Sheesh.
I am so grateful for Eric's safety. I am so glad that yesterday I didn't become a widowed mother of a small child who wouldn't get to remember Eric as her father.
I am so grateful for the Gospel and for Eternal Families. I get to keep Eric forever. Thank goodness.





No comments:
Post a Comment