Sunday, August 19, 2012

Gifts

You've seen those Aden & Anais blankets? I think there are other brands too. Very lightweight material with a print on it, usually an animal, although I think they recently started doing stripes too.

Have you seen the price tag? Those are over $30 for 2 blankets. That is nuts!

Eric's cousin Tamara made me 2 blankets like that when Valette was born and let me tell you:  they have saved.  my.  life. Seriously.

After Eric gave me the sewing machine for Christmas I have started making these as gifts for baby showers. I love them. And I've gotten more artistic with each new one.

For Kaylee's baby shower I made her 2 white ones. These were the first ones I got to make for a girl baby. Her nursery is purple and green, so I did one to match.

Plus Kaylee has a thing for birds, particularly owls, but I didn't have a stencil of owls.
I did a decorative stitch in contrasting colors for the hem so it would show up and I love how it turned out.



For the second one I used ric-rac (which is so easy to work with and you can wash it). I also did a yellow hem on this blanket but it doesn't show up as well because it is such a light yellow.

 I stuck Valette in the laundry basket expecting her to be upset and maybe cry. Instead she loved it and got mad when I tried to help her out.

June 19, 2012

Photobucket

No comments: