Saturday, September 1, 2012

Apple of My Eye


August 21, 2012
Valette saw me with this apple while clearing the counter. She asked for it (first time she used the word apple) and I said "alright but you're not going to be able to bite into it...." She proved me wrong.

 I got out the camera and she was loving the attention. And the open window. I don't move the curtains away from our french doors much--the backyard isn't exactly a pretty sight.
  


 Valette was chowing down on this apple.




Then she started playing peek-a-boo with the curtain. We finally got some smiles in between bites.

I had to take the apple away when she decided that because of it's resemblance to a ball it was now time to throw it and watch it roll on the floor, and then still eat it. That was not gonna fly.

***
Alright, let's talk about the elephant in these photos. The reason I was willing to let her have a whole apple not in the high chair because I just wanted Valette to cooperate long enough to get some good photos in this shirt.

Did you read it? It says Big Sister.

It's true. I am pregnant. Yay.

I bought this shirt for her the day I found out. She wore it when Eric got home from work that day and I gave her the pregnancy tests to show him. (Thank goodness for those lids because she totally put one in her mouth.) The tests made it too easy, he didn't even notice the shirt until a half hour later when I had to point it out to him. But she also wore it to both grandparents houses when we told them and everyone else saw it right away.

12 Weeks

Baby Lara 2.0 is coming in March 2013.
Eric is hoping that this child will come equipped with cuddling and Daddy-prefering tendencies.

Photobucket

1 comment: