I got us a culture pass from the library and on Eric's day off we went to the Science Center for free.
They had this awesome musical water display that we went to first. Unfortunately there was a school on a field trip there too. (How did they score a field trip the week after school started?) I was going to take cute photos of Eric helping Valette to throw the plastic balls in the water, but the kids started a splash-each-other fight right by me and by the time it was safe to take out my camera Valette was done with this area. Sigh.
August 17, 2012
This drum beat in time with your heart rate when you touched the metal plates. Eric was comparing how much faster Valette's heart is than his.
Have I mentioned Valette's obsession with Grandma's iPad? Well, she asks for it the minute she sees them.
Okay, this little computer animation thing looked like a giant ipad to her. She spent a good 15 minutes in front of it. Probably her favorite part of the day.
Yay! I caught a smile!
I made Eric take our picture before we went back to the car. I wanted proof that I was there too.
For free, it was a good day. But most of it was still over Valette's head. Next time I get a culture pass I'm going to choose the Phoenix Children's Museum. I've been told it has way more that she can understand. And that Eric will like it better too.



No comments:
Post a Comment