May 21, 2013
I ran for the camera to catch Abbi's smiles.
She makes me so happy. And she loves her Daddy. Eric is so thrilled.
Then I had the idea that we should do a mini shoot in her blessing dress.
My mom made this dress. It is amazing. I love all of it.
Please check out the detail in that sleeve. The band has pin tucks all around it, and then a ruffle coming out the bottom. This was a personal request.
Now admire the silk embroidery done BY HAND across the boddess (sp?). This was also a personal request. My niece Aubrey had those on her dress too, and I have always wanted them on one of mine.
Sunday, June 2, 2013
I didn't get any of just me and Abbi after her blessing, so we took some this day.
Also notice the detail in the skirt, it is done in light yellow thread. Very sweet.
The multi-ribbon bow that Abbi has in her hand is like a "signature" of my Mom. She has put a bow like that on every dress that she has made.
And believe me, she has made A LOT. There are 14 granddaughters and Mom made a fancy dress for all of them but Valette (who wore my dress, which was also fancy, but my aunt made it, not my mom). She also made one for a friend's daughter.















1 comment:
Just in case you didn't know, I loved her dress. And Abbi is incredibly adorable in it :)
Post a Comment