I am late in posting about this, but here it is anyway:
Happy 2013!
Last year January 1st was a Sunday. I remember sitting in Sacrament and listening to a bunch of people talk about their goals for the new year and thinking how I never make any new year's resolutions. Seriously, the only time I've done that is in school when it was an assignment. On that day I decided to make a goal for 2012 that I would attend the temple at least once a month.
I am so happy to report that I did it! (Okay, I missed February. But I am still counting it as a success.)
I am grateful for the experiences I was able to have in the temple this past year. I love the feeling there is in the temple and I'm so glad for the knowledge I gained from going frequently. I also think that it helped me to be more considerate at home and a better mother--at least for the days right after attending.
***
This year I made a list of goals instead of just the one. (Insert popped eyes and dropped jaws here.)
- Attend the temple at least once a month
- Go visiting teaching every month. (I have been awful at this in the past, I thought if I told myself it's just as important as getting to the temple that I will be more likely to do it.)
- Instigate some form of regular family scripture study
- Make dinner at least twice a week/Plan menus ahead of time*
- Exercise regularly to make a serious attempt to get back to pre-pregnancy shape (I'm not planning on starting this until the baby is born.)
*I know that for some people this is a silly thing to make a goal out of, but not me. I have never been good at making us meals regularly. I am AWFUL at planning ahead for meals. I frequently end up back at the grocery store 3 times in the same week. I don't exactly hate cooking (but I'll be honest; I love baking way more than dinner any day). But I do hate trying to decide what to eat, that is the hardest part of every dinner. Seriously.
I recently discovered this website called Plan to Eat. It helps you plan your menu and puts your grocery list together. It's supposed to be very customizable and is recommended by a few mom bloggers I found. It is not free though so I haven't decided if I'm going to use it. Anyone out there have experience with them? Or another site like them? Let me know.




2 comments:
Meals are my downfall as well. haha If you ever do decide to do the website thing, let me know how it goes! Maybe it would help me as well!
Hope everything is going well! :D
I am so glad you posted about this. I HATE making dinner! I was actually on the computer to look up some recipes for dinner tonight(which I am sure will have to go to the store to get ingredients) I agree with you the worst thing about cooking dinner is actually coming up with what to cook. If you find any easy yet delicious meals let me know!
Post a Comment