Sunday, February 3, 2013

Another Pregnant Update

 This is from our trip to Granite Reef on January 10, 2013.



This is at 32 weeks.

Right now I am 35 weeks.

I can now say that my baby is due next month.  That is so close!  My house is totally not ready for her to come.  I haven't even gotten out the baby clothes yet, let alone washing anything.  I haven't really started Valette's new room yet, which is the MAIN thing I need to get done.  I really want to get that done before I have an infant to take care of, because if I don't it won't happen for months after.  My hold up is only partly my own laziness though.  There is a lot of big furniture in there that I need my husband and some other big strong men to move for me. I can't just decide to go start. lame.

People frequently ask how I am feeling. I am still one of the lucky pregnant people. Not sick, not really overly tired (although I get to sleep in a whole lot, so that's probably why).  I just feel uncomfortable.  My belly isn't even that big by pregnant standards, but it is still ALWAYS in the way.  The biggest issue was diaper changing.  I can get up and down from the floor (with effort) but the leaning forward to grab a wipe or something caused me serious pain.  So we moved that to my bed and I'm doing much better with that now. Also I definitely have way more heartburn this go around.

I started having a little bit of sciatic nerve pain and round ligament pain this past week. That is no fun, but it's totally expected.  What wasn't expected was the bronchitis-like virus that I dealt with all week.  Not cool. Shouldn't pregnant, already inhibited people be immune from the hacking cough that hurts your head and chest every. single. time. the fever, sweats and chills, very shallow breathing, no appetite, the mucus...I'm probably forgetting something.  What I thought started out as pregnant back pain and a day where I overworked myself turned into a week of crazy sick and I could barely do anything besides sit on the bed or couch.  Finally starting yesterday I feel mostly back to normal besides the annoying shallow breathing and the coughing.  There is still plenty of mucus in there, unfortunately.    Having a huge baby belly during all of this was not helpful.  It makes the less-breathing a serious issue.  


Photobucket

No comments: