Sunday, February 3, 2013

Granite Reef


We went to Granite Reef again on January 10, 2013.  This time we brought Mom along.
Here is last year's visit.

Adria showed Valette the magic of sticks and dirt.



She thought it was pretty great...

 ...so she decided to taste it.  We made it all the way to 2 years without doing this. (That I know of.)
Took some portraits in front of Red Mountain.
 We were trying to get Adria to do some dance moves (to be happy), AND look at the camera.  We can rarely have both.
 View of the Red Mountain.
Needed some portraits of Celeste. =) 


 They started holding hands and taking a walk.



 We dressed them up in fancy dresses for a photo shoot.

 This is ring-around-the-rosie.





This shows off the dress really well.  I wore this one at about the same age.  It's a MiniWorld dress that my mom loves.  She about cried when they went out of business.

 And here is Princess Adria.
 I wanted some photos of me with Valette, holding her and being cute...
...but she wouldn't have it. She cried and threw a fit.
One of my recent punishments for this is that I will just start holding her by the legs.  I decided if she is going to be nasty to me, I will hold her in a more comfortable position.  (That is, away from my big belly.)
Celeste thought this was highly entertaining and wanted to take a picture. haha.

We worked really hard to get back to regular clothes.  Grandma was holding Valette and I was trying to take their picture while she was being nice.  Valette was trying desperately to lick her fingers. She has been doing that recently and it makes her hands all chapped.
But then Grandma got some volunteer kisses. So it all worked out.


And Casen finally woke up.  He fell asleep when we drove out there and missed almost the whole thing.  He sure is cute.
We have come a full circle.  The first time we did this I had a baby who wasn't walking and Celeste was almost at the end of pregnancy.  This time Celeste had Casen (who is now 9 months old) and I am almost finished being pregnant with number two.  We are probably going to be alternating pregnancy for the next 8 or so years.

Photobucket

No comments: